- Find a quiet, comfortable spot where you will not be disturbed for ten real minutes.
- Sit in a comfortable position. Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths, and fill your lungs completely with air. Feel the breath right down to your tailbone. Let your mind quiet down. Let go of all thoughts and focus on your breath.
- Bring your attention to the middle of your chest, your heart space. Imagine a ray of sunshine beaming its way to this space. Fill the entire area with golden warmth. Breathe in and feel this warmth deeply inside your chest, in a circle that encompasses the entire area including your actual physical heart.
- Take a few moments to focus on how this golden warmth feels. Bask in it.
- After a few more breaths, inhale and draw this golden warmth up to the place right between your eyes. Sit for a few moments and feel the warmth spread across your forehead.
- With your attention on the warm golden glow on your brow, say thank you, to yourself or out loud, for the five things you are grateful for this day. This is what I say for each thing I am grateful for:
“Thank you, Spirit, I am grateful for ____________.” You can change the words to whatever is most meaningful for you.
- After you have declared your five blessings, sit quietly and notice the feelings. Go deeply into those feelings for several moments. Take a few more long breaths, and feel again the golden warmth across your forehead and in your heart space.
- Slowly open your eyes and notice how you feel. Stand slowly and re-enter the outside world. Carry this feeling and the golden warmth with you throughout your day or into your dreams as you sleep.